Monday, January 3, 2011

What's really important

As I finished my bible study this morning, I couldn't get the Gomez family out of my heart. I am not sad for Brie, I know where she is. I am pained for her family. I pray with every breath that they remember how much their mother and wife loved God! I pray that He wraps His arms around them and shows them his will for them! Eric Gomez posted this song on his Facebook wall and everytime I hear it, I have to stop and just praise God for the wonderful husband that he has blessed me with! We don't have any children yet, but I know with every inch of my being that Ryan will make a wonderful Godly dad! I just hope that we can both remember each day what is really important in life. Is it things, money, our house, material possessions that will just be left to moths and rust? "

"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." -Matthew 6:20

My wish for 2011 is that I can live my life in a way that everyone around me can see the absolute joy that Christ brings into my heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment